US universities accepting 3 years bachelor’s degree or 15 years of education for MBA
Do B-Schools in US accept 15 year Education for MBA?
Yes, many schools do.
3 years bachelor’s or 15 years of education
Some undergraduate degrees like Bachelor of Arts (BA), Bachelor of Commerce(B.Com) and Bachelor of Science (B.Sc) in countries such as India are usually of 3 years, which completes 15 years of study (12+3). Under US education system, the undergraduate or bachelor’s degree is completed in 4 years. Therefore, many universities are not comfortable accepting a bachelor’s degree with only three years of studies.
Can you get your three-year bachelor’s degree evaluated?
WES is a not for profit credential evaluation service. It recognizes some three-year bachelor’s degrees from India as equivalent to a U.S. bachelor’s degree. Some conditions that it considers are –
1. The degrees are earned in first division
2. The awarding institutions are accredited by India’s National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC) with a grade of “A” or better.
Some schools that accept three-year undergraduate degree are:
- Harvard Business School –Official Link for confirmation
- Stanford Business School –Official Link for confirmation
- University of Chicago-Booth –Official Link for confirmationPlease see for complete list
Every year the number of U.S. universities accepting three-year undergraduate degrees is growing. We keep updating our database, and we will also suggest you the check the admission FAQs of the business schools or check with the admissions office before applying.
Did you get through a US business school with 15 years of education? Your comments will be helpful for others. Please feel free to share.